Let’s DITCH Mother’s Day isn’t going to happen. So, what do I want for Mother’s Day this year?
A lie in with my book and cup of tea
Peace and harmony, instructions followed first time or even no prompting required
Reality of my list:
- I feel terribly guilty not getting up in the morning even if I am really ill. Chris works so hard all week that I don’t feel he should have to shoulder a load of child care on top of that when he does get time off. He has been thrown into the deep end of family life and I respect the amazing care he takes of us all. So if I get a lie in with my book and cuppa I wouldn’t want to stay in bed past 7am.
- Pizza: I have a feeling this is achievable 🙂 I have been experimenting with a range of wheat free pizzas (review coming soon!) and have ordered the one I want to come in our grocery shop.
- I justify my nap with combining it with Zach’s feed but again I don’t want Chris to feel lumbered. Luckily the older kids are more independent and can play on tablets or entertain themselves (very proud of Matthew’s reading 🙂 )
- No arguments, no nagging, no unreasonable requests, no puppy dog eyes to pull at the hear strings. Sounds easy, right? Hmmmm we’ll see…
- This is a cheeky little extra I thought I’d add in. It is my ambition to have a pair of diamond earrings. I do not expect Chris/the kids to buy them for me. I’m actually thinking I might like ones with 3 stones to represent the 3 kids (another reason not to have any more 😉 ) and I think Chris would have a panic trying to choose what he thinks I’d like best. I would also feel uncomfortable receiving something expensive (and then the pressure would be on for Father’s Day) so I’ll probably get them for myself when I’ve saved up.
Pingback: What happened on Mother’s Day? (Monday 27th March) | Musings of a tired mummy…zzz…